Cobham FB500 Inmarsat Marine Fleetbroadband Terminal
- Standard IP Data : An always-on connection at up to 432kbps for applications such as email and internet access, real-time electronic charts and weather reporting.
- Satellite Telephony : Access up to nine telephone lines with FleetBroadband Multi-voice and make crystal-clear phone calls to terrestrial and mobile networks, as well as other satellite terminals, anytime.
- Streaming IP : Guaranteed connection rates of up to 256kbps available on demand, for live applications such as video conferencing and database synchronisation.
- SMS Messaging : Send and receive SMS text messages to and from other FleetBroadband terminals and land-based cellular networks through your PC.
- Enhance Voice Services : Voicemail and other enhanced call management options are available, including caller identification, caller barring and call forwarding.
- Emergency Calling : Two safety service options, 505 Emergency Calling and Voice Distress, put you directly in contact with a maritime rescue station.
- Fax : FleetBroadband 500 provides a circuit-switched data connection for legacy applications such as Group 3 and Group 4 fax.
- Crew Calling : For crewed vessels such as merchant ships, workboats, fishing and large leisure boats, FleetBroadband offers low-cost calls all day, every day.
- GSM Calls : GSM over FleetBroadband 500 enables users to make and receive calls and send and receive texts using the pre-paid SIM in their own mobile phone.
The Intellian FleetBroadband 500 system is the latest Inmarsat 500 class FBB terminal that comes with WIFI built in, a rugged below deck terminal, an IP handset with messaging capabilities and a 3 year warranty.
With simultaneous voice & data capability and Multi-voice functionality, crew members can stay connected with family and up-to-date on the latest sports scores, ensuring strong morale aboard any vessel throughout even the most challenging offshore passages.
- Telephone, ISDN, SMS, VoIP
- Broadband internet
- Email and file transfer
- Video conferencing
- Safety 505 and red button
- Notice To Mariners
- Maritime / port regulations
- Vessel routeing
- Cargo management
- Planned / Predictive maintenance
- Walkie Talkie (ROIP) VHF/UHF radio integration
- Crew welfare
- Tele-training / certification
- Weather forecasts
Reliable even in the worst weather conditions, FB500 gives you an always-on connection at up to 432kbps for applications such as email and internet access, real-time electronic charts and weather reporting and guaranteed connection rates of up to 256kbps available on demand. And enjoy up to nine telephone lines with FleetBroadband Multi-voice for crystal-clear phone calls to terrestrial and mobile networks.
The FB500 radome can be matched with the Intellian i6 or s6HD satellite TV antenna systems to create just the right look for your vessel.
The plug-and-play handset provides a familiar user interface on a 2.2" TFT color screen and features common-sense technology, such as an echo cancellation and noise suppression function to eliminate background engine or wind noise and ensure excellent audio clarity
- ADU : 72 × 70cm (28.3 × 27.6″) / 15.5 kg (34.1 Ibs)
- BDU : 36 × 25 × 6.7 cm (14.1 × 9.8 × 2.6″) / 3.9 kg (8.5 Ibs)
Usage Control Features
- Voice : Digital 4 kbps Voice, 3.1 kHz Audio
- Standard IP : Up to 432 kbps
- Streaming IP : 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 176, 256 kbps
- SMS : Up to 160 characters (3G standard)
- Fax : Group 3 (via 3.1 kHz Audio)
- Airtime Service : Inmarsat airtime