- Low-cost tracker and messaging device
- Programmed for either DoD or commercial Iridium gateway
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Automatic location reports (>1200 reports)
- Guarded 911 alert switch
- Waypoint soft key
- Check-in soft key
- Free-text, canned messages or combined free-text and canned messages
- Data logging (waypoints and tracking reports)
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Real-time, pole-to-pole coverage
- Weighs ~6.5 ounces
- Volume of 4.0” x 2.2” x 0.8”
- Internal rechargeable battery using AC adapter, computer USB port or solar charger
- Integrated motion sensor
- USB interface
- 50-channel GPS receiver with -160 dBm sensitivity
Iridium NAL SHOUT Nano Includes:
The nano is designed with ultra-low power consumption electronics drawing less than 35 A during sleep. With an internal 1.95 A-Hr rechargeable Li-Ion battery, it can send a position report every hour for up to two months (about 1,200 reports). The nano is equipped with a high resolution color LCD and onscreen keyboards supporting transmission of free-text, canned messages and a combination of free-text and canned messages. The menu options are displayed as icons for quick access. The device can periodically wake up from sleep to send its position report to a command center. A 911 button is used for immediate emergency/alert notifications. Data are packaged in either standard or 256-bit AES encrypted format. Data can also be sent in encrypted PECOS formats to include Brevity codes.
The Nano Offers a Variety of Services
- Normal Tracking . Programmed to automatically wake up and send a position report at a set interval ranging from continuous to once every seven days.
- Emergency Alert . Sends alerts to a designated monitoring center using a 911 button. The monitoring center and the user can then communicate to define further specifics of the emergency.
- Free-Text Messaging . Sends free-text via three different sets of onscreen keyboards.
- Canned Text Messaging . Sends canned (pre-defined) messages in short codes to save bandwidth instead of the entire message body.
- Waypoint Tracking . Sends and/or saves waypoints (interested landmarks) for later retrieval.
- Check-In . Allows a quick check-in message to be sent using a single soft key.
Pocket-size, self-contained satellite tracker
Ultra-low power consumption
AES 256-bit encryption both transmit/receive
Truly global coverage
- 4.0 x 2.2 x 0.8 in
- 6.5 oz
- Operating Temp: -40°C to +85°C
- Operating Humidity: < 75% RH
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- 1.95 A-Hr Single Cell
- 3.6VDC to 4.2VDC
- Operating Frequency: 1616 to 1626.5 MHz
- GPS Frequency: 1575.42 MHz (L1 carrier)