- No minimum connection charge
- Minimum billing increment of 1 Kbyte
- No usage charge for over-the-air modem software upgrades
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure "always-on" network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and remote access to Web interface
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the RTU
- Security enhancements with extended layers of embedded security options
- Basic installation; no PC required
- Built-in GPS receiver
- The Hughes M2M terminal is BGAN M2M Certified
The 9502 external antenna integrates the 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, integrated, rugged terminal to withstand the most extreme weather conditions. Providing reliable IP connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN), it includes backup and out-of-band management to primary site communications—ideal for SCADA and unattended sites equipped for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring/control, compressor monitoring/control, well site automation and surveillance.
The Hughes 9502 includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism.
The exceptional low power consumption (<1 W idle) of the Hughes 9502 makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites that are off the grid. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solar battery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
- Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection.
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and remote access to Web interface.
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Interfaces: Ethernet connection (RJ45), USB–Type B for connection to configuration PC, RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver), TNC connection on the IDU to the external antenna
- 275 mm x 275 mm x 84 mm
- Weight : 3.8 Kg (8.4 lbs)
- Operating Temperature : -40° C to +75° C
- Storage Temperature : -55° C to +75° C
- Humidity : 95% RH at +40° C
- Wind Loading Survival : 100 mph
- ODU Water and Dust : IP-66 Compliant
- Ultra-low power consumption :Idle: < 1W, Transmit; < 20W, Receive: < 3W
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- USB Type B for connection to PC for configuration of terminal
- RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)