- Rugged and durable IP55 rating
- User-friendly LCD display with four-button control
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi supporting multiple user access
- Wireless security supports WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption
- Advanced Web user interface
- Automatic context activation
- Accessory vehicular or fixed external antenna options
- HDR streaming
Hughes 9211-HDR Land Portable Satellite Terminal Includes:
The newest Inmarsat BGAN is the fastest, most rugged and lightweight satellite hotspot on available today. The Hughes 9211 BGAN terminal is about the size of a small laptop and can connect your mobile devices to the internet at speeds up to 492/492 kbps on a Standard connection or you can select to use the new High Data Rate (HDR) service and have a streaming internet connection up to 650 kbps ($22.10/minute)
The Newest Class 1 Inmarsat BGAN Terminal
The Hughes 9211 replaces the one of our favorite first BGANs, the Hughes 9201 which is still a solid BGAN internet terminal but just cannot get the speeds of the newer Hughes 9211.
The new Hughes 9211 is smaller and is a more portable internet and telephone solution for those requiring the lightest and fastest satellite terminal on the market today.
- Small and robust 9" x 11.5" and 4.2 lbs
- Takes advantage of full internet bandwidth on the Inmarsat BGAN network up to 492/492 Kbps for standard IP data connections and up to 650 kbps for streaming internet speeds.
- Built in web interface similar to a home or office router can be controlled by any laptop or mobile device without installing software
- Power on, point and register within minutes for any new location
- IP Ingress rating of 55 protects the 9211 BGAN terminal from dust and water
- Built in 802.11 b/g/n WIFI can reach devices within line of site up to 300 feet
- RJ45 Ethernet, RJ14 Phone/Fax port
An external powered antenna is available to support long RF cable runs for temporary or permanent fixed installations. The user even has the freedom to connect an accessory vehicular tracking antenna, enabling comms-on-the-move directly from the 9211-HDR terminal.
The Hughes 9211-HDR enables users to send and receive IP traffic via Ethernet and/or 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and voice or fax via a standard telephone connection. It is all IP-based and offers Class 1 background IP or selectable, dedicated Quality of Service (QoS) levels.
Inmarsat’s BGAN HDR service network now offers new and higher streaming rates. The Hughes 9211-HDR supports the highest streaming rates available (above 650 kbps) for transmitting video and other critical data from the field. Asymmetric streaming rates are supported, enabling users to better tailor the service to their individual preferences to control and minimize costs.
- 232 mm x 292 mm x 51 mm
- 2.019 kg
- Rugged and durable IP55 rating
- Hughes 9211 Terminal
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery pack
- 5m Ethernet cable
- AC/DC adaptor, three IEC cables, one each for UK, EU, and US connections
- Users can connect at streaming broadband speeds of over 650 kbps
- Satellite TX Freq : 1626.5–1660.5 MHz
- Satellite RX Freq : 1525–1559 MHz
- Ethernet connection (RJ45)
- POTS connection for voice and fax (RJ11)
- External antenna connector
- Compass and audio tone to assist in antenna pointing