All the Thrane FleetBroadband terminals can easily be controlled via their Web Interface (MMI) (192.168.0.1), alternatively Inmarsat publishes the Fleet Broadband Launchpad for Windows XP and Vista users for even more ease of use.
For any oceangoing vessel, big or small, safety communications is of utmost importance. Previously, safety facilities were available via Inmarsat B, C, M, and Fleet 77 terminals, but not FleetBroadband. For this reason, Inmarsat has introduced 505 Emergency Calling exclusively for the FleetBroadband family of terminals.
Send faster emails and data files via FleetBroadband using our Inmarsat-developed TCP Accelerator software. The TCP Accelerator for FleetBroadband is available for Windows XP and Vista. It is installed on a FleetBroadband user's PC and significantly enhances the performance of TCP traffic over FleetBroadband in the 'send' direction.
For Windows XP and Vista please take the following two steps to install and use the TCP Accelerator.
Download and install the TCP Accelerator:
Enable TCP Accelerator in FleetBroadband LaunchPad and LaunchPad will manage the TCP Accelerator automatically.
- Using email over FleetBroadband
- Using FTP over FleetBroadband over windows clients
- Using eFax over FleetBroadband
- Configuring the FleetBroadband terminal for static IP
- Using C-Map over FleetBroadband
- Using RAD Vmux voice trunking over FleetBroadband
- Using Iconics over FleetBroadband
- Using the Infonic Geo-Replicator over FleetBroadband
- Using AFIANT over FleetBroadband
The latest Thrane firmware for the FBB 150, 250 and 500 Thrane & Thrane terminals can be found below, to ensure network reliability please use the latest software.
The following document explains how to setup voice mail on a Thrane & Thrane Sailor Inmarsat Fleet Broadband terminal.