Shipping in Q1 2020, the EXPLORER 323 is a one-piece satellite system with an integrated transceiver and an auto-tracking antenna, using only a single cable to connect power and Ethernet.
- On-the-move satellite connectivity for the most demanding environments
- Easily connect cellular routers from Pepwave or Cradlepoint to make it a satellite / cellular connected car solution.
- Simple, quick, and flexible options are available for installation on any vehicle.
- EXPLORER Connect App
- For making telephone calls from your smartphone. Available for Android and iPhone.
- Set-up and Router Functionality
- Webserver, Built-in NAT Router, Admin control (password protected), DHCP, Network Management, Remote Management, SIP Server, Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE)
Cobham Explorer 323 Includes:
- EXPLORER 323 terminal (combined transceiver and switched beam antenna)
- Combined DC power and Ethernet cable, 6m open ended cable
- Installation guide
ATTENTION: The EXPLORER 323 is expected to ship in Q1 2020 but we are accepting preorders now and performing demos for large projects.
The new revolutionary design and exceptional performance make the EXPLORER 323 Inmarsat BGAN satellite terminal the perfect option for communications on the move in the transportation, agritech, mining, construction, utilities, government, emergency response, and Industrial IoT markets. Train, tractor, or bus, car, truck, or van, stay connected on the move or stopped with the EXPLORER 323.
The terminal is ultra-compact and lightweight (just 3.6 kg/7.9 lbs), and has the lowest profile of any BGAN Comms-On-The-Move terminal (97mm including mounts). This opens for opportunities in new markets where BGAN antennas have not had a small enough form factor previously. Applications include vehicles, trucks, buses, and trains within segments like transportation, aggrotech, mining, construction, utilities, government, emergency response and more. With no moving parts and an IP 66-rating, EXPLORER 323 is robust and durable and designed for use in any environment. The switched beam technology provides users with service all the way down to 5° elevation. Additionally, EXPLORER 323 is equipped with a WLAN Access Point that enables the user to use the EXPLORER Connect smartphone app or log onto the wireless network with their PC to turn the vehicle into a mobile communication hub. The terminal supports both standard Inmarsat BGAN and BGAN M2M SIM cards, and is therefore ideally suited for our PRISM applications. EXPLORER 323 is expected to ship in Q1 2020 and will be added to the L-Band Price Book in Q4 2019.
- 97 / Ø321 mm (incl. mounts)
- 3.82 / Ø12.7 inches
- 3.6kg / 7.9lbs
- Water and dust (IP-rating)
- Terminal: IP66
- 403723A-00500 EXPLORER 323 System
- Inmarsat BGAN Satellite Network and BGAN M2M Class 12 Inmarsat BGAN Terminal
- 1 x WLAN interface
- Standard: 802.11 b/g
- 1 x LAN interface
- Data rate: 10/100 Mbps
- Combined DC power and Ethernet connector
- Combined connector providing DC power input, ignition and Ethernet connectivity
- Hybrid cable, wires: Power 2, Ignition 1, Ethernet 4 + 1 (shield)