ACR Electronic's new ResQLink 406MHz Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) is the smallest PLB they have created yet. At only 4.6 ounces and measuring only 3.9 inches tall, the ResQLink is a safety device that will fit into any backpack, bag, or pocket. The ResQLink has an optional pouch which allows it to float in case it is being used near water and it is waterproof up to 16.5 feet.
At 4.6 oz, the ResQLink distress beacon weighs less than a couple of energy bars. And topping just 3.9 inches, it's smaller than the cell phone in your pocket. Small and mighty, the ResQLink™ PLB is a full-powered, GPS-enabled rescue beacon designed for anglers, pilots and back country sportsmen.
With 3 levels of integrated signal technology - GPS positioning, a powerful 406 MHz signal, and 121.5 MHz homing capability - the ResQLink PLB quickly and accurately relays your position to a worldwide network of search and rescue satellites. A built-in strobe light provides visibility during night rescues.
PLBs have been proven tried and true in some of the world's most remote locations and treacherous conditions. Just ask the 400 or so pilots, boaters and back country explorers who were saved by a PLB during a rigorous test program in Alaska. Based in large part on the test results, the federal government approved use of PLBs in the United States in 2003.
Even in extreme conditions and situations, the ResQLink™ activates easily. Just deploy the antenna and press the ON button. With its powerful 66-channel GPS, the ResQLink™ guides rescuers to within 100 meters or less of your position. And, in the continental U.S., search and rescue personnel are typically alerted of your position in as little as 5 minutes with a GPS-enabled PLB such as the ResQLink™.
2 built-in tests allow you to routinely verify that the ResQLink™ is functioning and ready for use - with the push of a button, you can easily test internal electronics and GPS functionality.
- No Subscription Fees
- Super Bright LED Strobe
- Onboard 66-Channel GPS
- Self-Test and GPS Test Features
- Typical Performance 30 Hours
- Non-Hazmat Battery
- Made in the U.S.A
Approvals : Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, Canada, R&TTE, Australia, New Zealand.
- ACR-treuse™ (high visibility yellow)
- 1.3 x 1.9 x 3.9” (3.3 x 4.8 x 9.9 cm)
- 4.6 oz (130 g)
- Material : Engineered polycarbonate blend
- Waterproof : 16.40 ft (5 m) @ 1 hr., 33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min. Factory tested @ 70°F, exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements
- Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium batteries
- Battery Replacement Interval : Replacement due six (6) years from date of manufacture or five (5) years after beacon is placed into service, whichever is first, or after emergency use
- Operational Life : Exceeds required 24 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C)
- Battery storage : -40°F to + 158°F (-40°C to +70°C)