Cobham Explorer 510 BGAN Terminal
- High-Speed Internet up to 464 Kbps
- Extreme weather tolerances
- Able to connect with up to 11 devices simultaneously without any configuration changes
- User interface is intuitive and can be accessed from your PC or any kind of smart device
- One-button auto-connect to the Internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone. -more
- Operates with all BGAN Internet service plans, Monthly or prepaid, or streaming.
- High-speed Internet up to 464 Kbps down, 448 Kbps upload.
- The most portable BGAN terminal 7.8" x 7.8" x 1.6" inches (202 / 202 / 51.8 mm).
- Very lightweight - 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg).
- 330 feet WiFi range (100 meters). Excellent for working indoors, or at a distance.
- Connects with up to 11 devices (laptops, smartphone, tablets) simultaneously.
- Can be on the phone and Internet at the same time.
- Web interface for connectivity options, usage logs, call logs, many hidden features! - more
- Operates in very cold or very hot weather at -25°C to +55°C / -13°F to +131°F.
- Use your iPhone or Android phone to make/receive calls over BGAN (using a new satellite phone #).
- SMS texting from your smart device including iMessage on the iPhone.
- USB port for Ethernet (with included adapter), or recharging port for other devices (1 amp).
- CE, FCC, GMPCS and IC certified.
- 2 year standard warranty with 3 and 5 year extended warranties available.
Cobham Explorer 510 BGAN Terminal Includes:
- US plug
- USB to Ethernet adapter
- One European plug. ** No other international adapters.
The EXPLORER 510 satellite terminal is a global WiFi hotspot with Internet speeds of up to 464 Kbps to any in-range wireless device such as laptops, tablets and smartphones. What makes the 510 different from other BGAN terminals is it includes smartphone integration. The Explorer Control App gives total control over the 510, such as displaying signal strength, overall usage (in Megabytes), and allowing you to send or receive texts (including using your iPhone iMessage or other texting program). It also turns your smartphone into a satellite phone to place or receive phone calls from anyone in the world. The 510 is the most portable BGAN on the market and surprisingly one of the least expensive. It is ideal for all applications in remote or urban locations that require Internet and phone anywhere.
Explorer 510 Top Features
- Smallest BGAN terminal (7.8" x 7.8" x 1.6") and lightweight at 3.1 lbs (1.4kg)
- High-Speed Internet up to 464 Kbps (94.5% as fast as the fastest BGAN).
- Extreme weather tolerances - IP66 (water jets from any direction)
- Powerful WiFi hotspot (up to 328' ft or 100 meters)
- Smartphone App lets the phone control the 510 and make/receive voice calls
Global WiFi Hotspot
As a standard WiFi hotspot, use the 510 as you would any Internet connection with your laptop or smart device. It\'s able to connect with up to 11 devices simultaneously without any configuration changes. It has an amazing wireless range of 100 meters (300 feet), so the terminal can be outside, while someone can be connected wirelessly inside. And with global coverage, no matter where you travel, you will be able to get online.
EXPLORER 510 is easy to set-up and to operate. The user interface is intuitive and can be accessed from your PC or any kind of smart device. With the EXPLORER Connect App you can use your smart device to make calls or easily access the internet even in areas with no terrestrial or cellular coverage. The EXPLORER Connect App with a SIP softphone will be available on Android and IOS.
The durable magnesium casing and a dust and water resistant design makes the EXPLORER 510 the perfect choice when working off the beaten track, but still dependant on a reliable connection.
Watch Our Video Below To Learn More About The Cobham Explorer 510 BGAN Terminal.
What's Included :
Carrying bag - Instructional booklet - Explorer 510 - Charging pack
Instructional Part Includes :
Set-up - Turning on the 510 BGAN Terminal - Connecting via Wi-Fi - Connecting to your computer - Connecting to data - Browsing the web
- 202 / 202 / 51.8 mm (7.8 / 7.8 / 1.6 inches)
- Robustness : 0.5 m/1.64 ft drop on concrete (operational, 95% survival)
- Water & Dust : IP-66 Compiant (TBC)
- Standard IP: Up to 464 kbps
- Streaming IP: 32, 64, 128 kbps
WLAN Access Point
Standard IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
1 x USB host interface
- Version: 2.0 (host)
- Charging: Up to 1A