Cobham SAILOR 60 GX Ka-band system for Inmarsat Global Xpress
- High-performance download speeds of up to 50 Mbps and 5 Mbps over the uplink
- Built to withstand the toughest sea conditions
- Full remote control and troubleshooting with built-in test equipment (BITE)
- Uses the innovative Cobham IMA software platform
- Single 50 Ohm coax cable for the ADU.
- One-Touch Commissioning.
- Gyro-free operation.
- SNMP support.
- Secure connection, HTTPS and SSH.
- Remote access using SAILOR FleetBroadband over WAN.
- Remote or local simultaneous software update of GMU, ADU and ACU via PC and Internet browser.
- Global RF configuration.
- Full remote control and troubleshooting with built-in test equipment (BITE).
- ACU with 4 x LAN, NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000, RS-232 and RS-422.
- ACU is DC powered. Start up voltage: 22 VDC guaranteed, operating range : 20 – 32 VDC
- GMU with 8+2 LAN, RS-232 and RS-422 and I/O connector.
Fastest tracking antenna available in the 60cm class, with superior dynamic performance in all axes; roll, pitch and yaw. This high performance means that even smaller vessels more affected by rough seas can make the most of maritime broadband on Fleet Xpress, as SAILOR 60 GX can maintain a strong link even in extreme conditions and on the edges of the beams.
The SAILOR 60 GX is a result of thousands of hours of research, development and rigorous testing that meets or exceeds the strict requirements set forth by Inmarsat. This ensures that with SAILOR 60 GX, the high speed maritime broadband provided by Global Xpress® is always available for business critical, operational and crew communication. With collaboration and IP applications becoming increasingly important to improving vessel and fleet efficiency, SAILOR 60 GX can be counted on to enable your ability to communicate and operate more efficiently.
Fast, Flexible Installation and Integration
The SAILOR 60 GX is simple to install, setup, operate and commission, even by a non-specialist technician. The use of Ethernet over Coax (EOC) allows for four times the length over traditional coax only systems, so installation flexibility is high. It is easily integrated with SAILOR FleetBroadband to create a redundant, highly reliable network with the quality and coverage needed to perform in today’s maritime environment. SAILOR 60 GX also uses the innovative Cobham IMA software platform, helping to make it ready to face the communications needs of the maritime market in the 21st century.
Remote Functions for Management and Maintenance
SAILOR 60 GX supports extensive remote monitoring and diagnostic capabilities. Managing multiple systems across an entire fleet operating on identical networks is easy using the intuitive and secure user interface, which features extensive data logging capabilities. Secured Socket Layer (SSL) password protection provides highlevels of data security while extensive capabilities for online and off-line troubleshooting with the integration of a SAILOR FleetBroadband system enhance maintenance possibilities. Likewise, with full autonomous network and software upgrades you can be sure your system is operating with the latest software and features.
Testing and Dual Antenna Installations
SAILOR 60 GX is designed to meet some of the toughest shock and vibration specifications, including IEC EN 60945. It is also ready for seamless dual antenna installations for those ships that may experience excessive blockage zones.