- A $50 activation fee applies to all new lines of service.
- A 12 month service agreement is required for all Iridium plans.
- An early termination fee of $250 will be applied to lines that do not fulfill their contract.
- Unused minutes rollover for the entire life of the contract.
- All unused minutes are forfeited upon cancellation of service.
- Rollover minutes are relinquished when a plan is downgraded
- Rollover minutes transfer to new service if the service plan is greater than or equal to the existing plan.
- If service is cancelled, the SIM card will be permanently disabled.
- Calls are billed in 1 minute increments.
- Incoming calls are FREE if dialed directly (please be advised that the individual calling will incur international calling rates).
- Incoming SMS messages are FREE. Outgoing SMS messages will be debited at the rate of 1 minute per message.
- Calls that are received via the 2 stage dialing or via the satellite phones USA phone number will be debited from the satellite phones minute plan.
- Dialing directly to local phone numbers are available to many other countries at an additional cost. Please contact us for more details.
- Calls to other satellite networks (i.e.; Inmarsat, Thuraya, Globalstar) are billed at $12.00 per minute.
Satellite Phone Service Frequently Asked Questions
Monthly VS Prepaid which service plan is better?
Satellite phone monthly service plans offer benefits like uninterrupted service, overage on minutes, pay as you go plans, USA phone number, Rollover minutes, discounted phone devices etc. VS Prepaid plans which are more expensive, offer a limited amount of minutes, no overage, no usa phone number, and minutes can be rolled over only if a new prepaid plan is purchased before the old one expires. Monthly service is always recommended for satellite phones.
Should I go with Inmarsat or Iridium service?
It depends which satellite phone device you have or planning to buy. Inmarsat service plans are generally cheaper than Iridium, as well as the Inmarsat satellite phone device. Inmarsat offers global coverage except the North Pole, South Pole and Alaska. Inmarsat service is great for out in the open but it can experience service interruption or no service in deep canyons or at the bottom of tall mountains. Iridium service plans are a little more pricey but offer 100% global coverage and work well in canyons, mountain ranges etc.
Which network should I choose for service on my boat?
For maritime application we recommend going with Inmarsat service. Inmarsat specializes in maritime connectivity and offer excellent service at sea, clear HD voice, and a spectrum of other solutions that include broadband internet as well.
What is Rollover minutes?
Rollover is an option to roll the unused minutes from this month to the next one and accumulate your unused airtime for later use. This option is available on monthly service plans only and scosts $10 per month.
What is a USA phone number?
Satellite phones use international phone numbers and most cellphone users don’t have international calling activated with their carrier. A USA phone number redirects the calls to your satellite phone and allows anyone to reach you free of cost for them, but it will burn minutes from your plan. This option is available only on monthly service plans and costs $10 per month.
What is network coverage like in south pacific (aus, nz, fiji, somoa, tonga, and south america, galapogous is. etc.)?
Satellite phones offer excellent coverage in all of these areas and as long as you are outside with a clear view of the sky you will get clear service reception.
What is the best service plan deal you have?
Best service plan deal is the 100 minute monthly plan with a free IsatPhone 2 satellite phone for $89.95 + tax.No other service provider offers this deal and it's exclusive to SatellitePhoneStore.com
What is the cost for calling internationally?
Satellite phones are not subject to roaming costs. You are able to make calls anywhere in the world to any cellular or landline at the same flat rate cost. Average cost per minute on satellite phone networks is $1. But higher service plans of 100+ minutes monthly reduce this cost per minute to less than 80 cents.
Do satellite phones work in the ocean?
Yes, both Inmarsat and Iridium satellite phones offer excellent coverage in the ocean. We sell boating accessories that make your device a more convenient solution for your vessel.
What is the lowest cost I can pay for a satellite phone and a plan?
We recommend buying the Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 at a special price of $395 with a 50 minute monthly plan of $49.95 per month + tax.
Will I get charged for incoming calls and text?
No, incoming calls and text are free on any service plan you choose. Keep in mind that satellite phones use international phone numbers so the caller might acquire higher costs than average. This is why we recommend using the USA phone number option with a monthly service plan.
Can I get an satellite internet service plan on my device?
Satellite phones do not provide sufficient data connection to use internet services on your device. For internet use we recommend satellite internet devices like BGAN explorer 510 or IsatHub Isavi.
Can i get satellite service indoors?
Satellite phones need a clear line of the sky out in the open to work. There are however antennas and docking stations that allow your satellite phone to work indoors.
Can my satellite phone be traced and spied on?
It is very hard to trace and spy on a satellite phone. Eavesdropping on a satellite phone is virtually impossible since the signal travels vertically towards the sky - compared to cellphones where the signal travels horizontally towards the cellphone towers and through this transmission it can be intercepted and decrypted.
How does SOS emergency feature work?
When the SOS button is pressed a preconfigured notification sequence is activated and GEOS 911 services are contacted and your GPS coordinates are sent out. GEOS will attempt to call you immediately to coordinate a rescue mission to your location. Additionally if preconfigured your family members will be notified about your situation.