- Exchange text messages with any cell phone number or email address anywhere
- The inReach device will send waypoints at preselected time intervals, so followers can track your whereabouts online
- Optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach device
Handheld Satellite Communicators with GPS Navigation
- 100% global Iridium satellite coverage enables 2-way text messaging from anywhere (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Track and share your location with family and friends
- Pair with mobile devices¹ using the free Earthmate® app for access to downloadable maps², U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
- inReach Explorer+ device adds preloaded DeLorme® TOPO maps with onscreen GPS routing plus built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
You may venture off the grid, but you’re never out of reach – as long as you’re carrying an inReach SE+ or inReach Explorer+. These handheld satellite communicators are designed for the outdoor enthusiast who wants to roam farther and experience more – without compromising their loved ones‘ peace of mind. From backcountry experiences to international adventures, inReach provides communication, location sharing, navigation and critical SOS functions for anyone who loves getting away from it all, on land, water or in the skies.
No Cell Tower? No Phone Service? No Problem.
inReach SE+ and Explorer+ give you all the tools to stay totally connected. You don’t have to worry about being within range of a cell tower – or encountering spotty coverage in fringe zones or blackout areas. Your inReach communicator works anywhere and everywhere – so you’re never out of range, never out of reach.
Affordable, Flexible Satellite Airtime Plans
To access the Iridium network and communicate with your inReach SE+ or Explorer+ device, an active satellite subscription is required. Depending on your usage level, you can opt for an annual contract package or flexible month-to-month airtime plan.
Unlimited Cloud Storage and Trip Planning are Included
Every inReach device comes with free access to a cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, create preset messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings, update your firmware, download additional TOPO maps, link your social media accounts, store all your location tracking data and much more.
Built for the Rugged Backcountry
Tough, durable, impact resistant and water-rated to IPX7, the inReach SE+ and Explorer+ handhelds are built to keep you up and running – no matter what the elements throw at you. An internal, rechargeable lithium battery comes standard on both units so you can count on long battery life in every mode of operation (up to 100 hours at 10-minute tracking mode (default); up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging; up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode; and up to 3 years when powered off). Recharge via the standard microUSB power cable or optional in-vehicle 12 V charger.
- 2.7" x 6.5" x 1.5" (6.8 x 16.4 x 3.8 cm) with keypad and SOS door bump
- Display Size : 1.4"W x 1.9"H (3.5 x 4.7 cm) ; 2.31" diag (5.9 cm)
- 7.5 oz (213.0 g)
- Water Rating : IPX7
- Interface : USB
- Bluetooth compatible
- Send and receive text messages to SMS and email
- Request weather forecasts for current location and planned destination
- Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Battery Life : Up to 100 hours at 10-minute tracking mode (default) ; Up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging ; Up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode ; And up to 3 years when powered off