The system is a single, self-contained and sealed terminal, housing both antenna and transceiver. This design approach has proven to be rugged and reliable, especially for use aboard the harsh environment of a professional fishing or offshore vessel. With the terminal’s 50 channel GPS module and omni-directional antenna, satellite fix and position are ensured even under the most adverse conditions.
Since the mid-90’s Thrane & Thrane has delivered more than 25,000 Inmarsat-C and mini-C terminals for monitoring solutions all over the world and the next generation SAILOR 6140 mini-C Maritime is based on the unmatched experience Thrane & Thrane has in developing innovative satellite tracking systems.
- Data Reporting – A standard data report contains information about latitude, longitude, speed, course, time, date as well as the SAILOR mini-C identity number. However, the data report package can be tailored to suit specific needs.
- Vessel Monitoring System – VMS provides a number of advanced tracking functions giving the user greater control and eliminating unnecessary reporting.
- GeoFencing – With GeoFencing you can divide relevant sea areas into a range of geographical zones meaning you can define special areas of interest where specific reporting intervals come into effect and also be alerted when your vessel is out of its designated zone. With increased memory capacity the terminal is now able to hold a multitude of different zones and programs. With the optional TCU programming for advanced monitoring is available with up to 14 I/O pins or 7 output pins, depending on configuration.
Features & Benefits
- CAN-BUS interface (easy installation)
- GLONASS option opening new markets.
- Reuse of SAILOR 3042E Alarm Panel on the SAILOR 6150 Distress System
- TCU provides status information (power, GPS fix, log-in)
- Built in 50 channel GPS module for increased precision
- Increased zone / geo-fencing capabilities