FeaturesFull IP compatibility—email, file transfer (FTP), VPN, browsing, etc Compatible with the following VPN's : Cisco–VPN Client V1 or V2.6.3, Nortel–Connectivity VPN Client V04_15.06, Netscreen–Remote Client 8.1, Checkpoint–V4.1, and SonicWall. Cost effective “always-on” access—only charged for data sent and received Easy to install and connects in minutes UMTS IP based services ISDN Supplementary Services
- Send : 32, 64, 128, 256kbps BGAN X-StreamTM
- Receive : 32, 64, 128, 256kbps , BGAN X-StreamTM
- Multiple IP streaming sessions simultaneously
- Background class of service
- Send : Up to 492kbps over a shared channel
- Receive : Up to 492kbps over a shared channel
- Call forwarding
- Call barring
- Call waiting
- Call holding
The Hughes 9201 Broadband Satellite IP Terminal and WLAN Access Point is your gateway to global communications via Inmarsat BGAN (Broadband Global Area Network). The Hughes HNS 9201 allows you to simultaneously send and receive IP packet and circuit switched data via USB, Ethernet, ISDN and WLAN interfaces. Which means handheld wireless devices (iPhone, Windows Mobile 5-6, Blackberry etc.) or any other device with wireless capabilities can be connected to the HNS-9201 via the terminals ability to automatically grant an IP address and internet access once a device has properly connected to the WiFi and entered the WEP key. So you get to a new site, bust out the HNS-9201 BGAN, register with the Inmarsat network and then everyone with a wireless enabled device can connect for email and internet access. The HNS-9201 enables multiple teams to utilize the terminal while using very little data as mobile devices inherently consume much less bandwidth then laptops.
The HNS 9201 combines ultimate performance with an extremely rugged design. It is one of the highest bandwidth terminals in the range and supports WLAN connectivity, in addition to other standard data interfaces. It is ideal for either single users using bandwidth-hungry applications, such as live video, or for small teams which need to set up a temporary office with high-speed connectivity to access standard data applications.
The Hughes HNS-9201 BGAN Terminal is easy to use in Semi-Fixed and Portable Environments
The rugged design of the 9201 allows the terminal to be installed outside in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time. Multiple user support allows your entire team to share a single 9201 simultaneously, providing the site with a broadband local area network. The terminal’s small size and weight allows you to easily move it from site to site and be connected again within minutes. When you’re at a remote site, sending and receiving the information you need is critical. The Inmarsat BGAN service, together with the 9201, offers a true alternative network that enables corporate teams to communicate their critical information—anywhere, anytime.
- Remote Access - High-speed access to your corporate network, enabling access to company and customer information.
- Internet - Access the internet at speeds up to 492kbps.
- Email - Send and receive email via the internet or email applications.
- Telephony - Make phone calls via a peripheral handset at the same time as accessing data applications.
- Streaming - Select guaranteed quality of service up to 256kbps on demand, eg. for video, audio.
- File Transfer - Send and receive large files.
- Storage & Forward - Save and send files eg. video.
Simultaneous voice and broadband data – access your data applications and make a phone call at the same time. For applications where quality of service is paramount, you can select streaming IP services up to 256kbps on demand. Also supports ISDN at 64kbps.
Provides service anywhere within the BGAN coverage area.
Can be installed outside in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time.
Easy to use in both portable and semi-fixed contexts. Multi-user support allows an entire team to share a single unit, enabling an instant broadband local area network. Supports both circuit switched and IP packet data via USB, Ethernet, ISDN and WLAN interfaces.
Easy To Use
Simply plug in a phone or laptop, point to the satellite and connect.
Allows you to move it from site to site quickly and easily and be connected again within minutes.
Connect seamlessly via your preferred VPN application.
- 27.5 cm D x 34.5 cm W x 5.0 cm H
- Weight : 2.8 Kg (terminal with battery)
- Battery Life - Transmit : 162 megabytes, Receive : 864 megabytes, Standby time : 36 hours
- 492 kbps IP data (transmit & receive)
- ISDN voice (4 kbps)
- ISDN data (64 kbps)
- Allows simultaneous use of all interfaces (Ethernet, USB, ISDN and WLAN)
- WLAN access point
- Multi-user capability (up to 11 simultaneous sessions)
- Selectable Quality of Service (32, 64, 128, 256 kbps or X-stream)
- SIM card
- LED and audio pointing aids
- WLAN (IEEE 802.11b)
- ISDN (for voice and data)