Explorer 300 Features
- Simultaneous voice and data communications over BGAN
- High-speed data transfer up to 384 kbps
- Seamless global coverage
- Support for streaming IP at 32, 64 kbps
- Standard LAN, Bluetooth and phone interfaces
- Easy system setup and operation
- Lightweight, splash and dust proof design
- Robust, reliable and durable design
The EXPLORER 300 gives you access to :
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Voice calls
- Video conferencing and streaming
- Corporate servers
- ...and much more
Thrane Explorer 300 Inmarsat BGAN Terminal Includes:
The Thrane & Thrane EXPLORER 300 is among the smallest and toughest Class 3 Inmarsat BGAN Satellite terminals. It has never been easier to stay connected while traveling the world.
For beginners and specialists the same setting up your EXPLORER 300 is quick and easy. Just plug in a laptop or PDA, or use the Bluetooth interface, point the antenna towards the BGAN satellite - and you are online.
All EXPLORER terminals take into account ease of use. They are highly customizable, they boast a plug and play capability, and give you simplicity, functionality and versatility. Even if you are new to satellite communication.
Compact & Lightweight
EXPLORER 300 makes it easy to stay connected anywhere in the world. It is complete broadband connectivity the size of a netbook. It is ideal for single travelers who frequently change location, consisting of only one unit – a transceiver with an integrated antenna. Ideal if you primarily need voice, or moderate speed standard IP internet access.
The Smallest BGAN Terminal
The smallest terminal in the EXPLORER series. Weighs only 1.4 kg. Dimensions: 16.8 x 21.7 x 5.2 cm
The ideal combination of performance and portability. Provides simultaneous high quality voice and broadband access at speeds up to 464 kbps. It supports LAN, USB, Bluetooth and phone/fax interfaces.
- Remote Access - High-speed access to your corporate network, enabling a gateway to company and customer information.
- Internet - Access the internet at speeds up to 384kbps.
- Email - Send and receive email via the internet or email applications.
- Telephony - Make phone calls via a peripheral handset at the same time as accessing data applications.
- Streaming - Select guaranteed quality of service up to 64kbps on demand eg.for video, audio.
- File Transfer - Send and receive large files.
Simply plug in a phone, laptop or use the Bluetooth interface, point the antenna towards the Inmarsat satellite and you are connected. You can also access the service using the BGAN LaunchPad on your laptop, which gives you pointing assistance, terminal and network details.
Bring Your Office Anywhere
What makes up your office? A desk. A chair. A treadmill. A cactus. All likely answers, but let’s face it, not the whole truth. Broadband is what makes up most office stations today. Without instant access to the www, the corporate intranet and the inbox, we do not get much done. We are accustomed to always having fast paced internet within our reach, and as such doing without it when travelling the globe on business will not do. Business simply is not business without the broadband amenity of the office. That is why broadband has gone mobile with the lightweight, cutting edge EXPLORER terminals from Thrane & Thrane.
Terminals are smaller than your average carry-on
With a sleek and compact design these can all easily be brought along everywhere you go. Weighing around 1 kg these neat little items fit in your bag and are both smaller and lighter than most of your belongings that you usually carry with you when travelling.
You can connect one handset via cable to the EXPLORER. The Wireless Bluetooth connection offers support for up to 2 devices.
Easily connect your fax via cable (EXPLORER 500 & 700 only).
- H: 16.8cm/6.6inches
- W: 21.7cm/8.5inches
- D: 5.2cm/2.1inches
- Weight (with battery): 1.4 kg / 3.1 lbs
- Operational (ambient): -25°C to +55°C / -13°F to +131°F
- Storage: -40°C to +80°C / -40°F to +176°F
- Battery storage:
- 1 month: -20°C to +60°C / -4°F to +140°F
- 3 months: -20°C to +45°C / -4°F to +113°F
- 1 year: -20°C to +20°C / -4°F to +68°F
- Four navigation keys and power button
- Audio and LCD pointing aids
- LED indicators
- Launch pad and web configuration
- Standard voice: 4 kbps AMBE+2
- Standard IP: Up to 384 kbps
- Streaming IP: 32, 64 kbps
- SMS: 160 characters
- Rx: 1525.0 ? 1559.0MHz
- Tx: 1626.5 ? 1660.5MHz
- GPS: 1575.42MHz
- EIRP: 10dBW ±1dB
- RJ-45, MDI-X