Supported operating systems :
- Windows : 2000, XP
- MAC : OS 10.1 or later
- Simultaneous voice and data communications over BGAN
- High-speed data transfer up to 432 kbps
- Seamless global coverage
- Support for streaming IP at 32, 64, 128, 256 kbps
- Standard LAN, USB, Bluetooth and phone/fax interfaces
- Easy system setup and operation
- Lightweight, splash and dust proof design
- Robust, reliable and durable design
Thrane Explorer 500 Inmarsat BGAN Terminal Includes:
- Explorer 500 BGAN IP modem unit
- Primary Lithium Battery pack
- Cable Kit (USB, Ethernet cable
- AC/DC Power Adapter
- Product CD & Quick Start Guide
Rent the Thrane Explorer 500 Inmarsat BGAN Satellite Terminal
The Thrane Explorer 500 Inmarsat BGAN Satellite terminal provides easy access to what most are so used to at the office or at home.. Broadband Internet and Telephone service. Meets the needs of the most demanding business traveller for remote, high-speed access to corporate networks. It is also suitable for small teams that need to set up a temporary office. The Explorer 500 is a mid-range Class 2 BGAN terminal and can be setup quickly for Internet, Email, Telephone, SMS Text Messaging, Voice Mail, Fax, ISDN, Steaming Broadband IP connections for Video streaming and much more.
- Remote Access - High-speed access to your corporate network, enabling access to company and customer information.
- Internet - Access the internet at speeds up to 464kbps.
- Email - Send and receive email via the internet or email applications.
- Telephony - Make phone calls via a peripheral handset at the same time as accessing data applications.
- Streaming - Select guaranteed quality of service up to 128kbps on demand, eg. for video, audio.
- File transfer - Send and receive large files.
- Store & Forward - Save and send files eg. video.
Simultaneous Voice & Broadband Data
Access your data applications and make a phone call at the same time – via a Bluetooth handset or a standard desktop phone. Also supports streaming IP at speeds up to 128kbps for applications requiring guaranteed quality of service.
Smaller than a laptop, the EXPLORER 500 represents the ultimate combination of portability and performance.
Provides service anywhere within the BGAN coverage area.
Easy to Use
Simply plug in a phone or laptop, or connect using the Bluetooth interface, point the antenna towards the Inmarsat satellite and you are connected.
Caters both to individual users and small teams on the move. Supports circuit-switched and IP packet data via standard LAN, USB, Bluetooth and phone/fax interfaces.
Splash & dust-resistant
Connect seamlessly via you preferred VPN application
- Size (H/W/D): 218 / 217 / 52 mm or 8.6 / 8.5 / 2.1 inches
- Weight with battery: 2.9 lb (1.28 kg)
- Weight (with battery): 1.4 kg / 3.1 lbs
- Powered from external DC -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to +131°F)
- Powered by battery only 0°C to +55°C (+32°F to +131°F)
- Charging temp 0°C to +45°C (+32°F to +113°F)
- Operating humidity: Relative at 95% non-condensing at +40°C (+104°F)
- Data capabilities:
- IP data
- Standard IP Background class of service
- Send: up to 448kbps over a shared channel
- Receive: up to 464kbps over a shared channel
- Streaming IP Guaranteed quality of service
- Send: 32, 64, 128kbps
- Receive: 32, 64, 128kbps
- Multiple IP streaming sessions simultaneously
- ISDN data UDI (64kbps) – via USB
- SMS 160 characters
- Voice capabilities:
- Voice 4kbps
- 3.1kHz audio
- Input Power of AC adapter: 100-240 VAC 47-63 Hz (AC adapter outputs 15 VDC)
- DC Power Requirements: accepts 10-16 VDC
- Data Ports: USB v1.1, Ethernet RJ-45
- Analog Phone/G-3 Fax Port: RJ-11
- Bluetooth: (up to 100m)
- Ingress protection: IP44
- Power supply: AC/DC