Jan 28, 2019
The first commercially available flat -panel, electronically-steered antenna from Kymeta delivers satellite connectivity where it’s never been before
Leading satellite communications provider, Whenever Communications, and Kymeta, the leader in flat-panel satellite antennas enabling always-on mobile broadband, announced a partnership agreement that will allow Whenever Communications to officially provide Kymeta products and services to customers around the world. Kymeta KyWay™ terminals will form an essential part of Whenever Communications’ land-mobile and maritime on-the-move satellite internet solutions and services.
As an industry leading satellite communications provider, Whenever Communications has established an extensive and diverse customer base consisting of global maritime and land users as well as government agencies. Whenever Communication’s ecommerce store, www.Satellitephonestore.com, provides a seamless shopping experience where customers can easily rent or purchase any product on the site.
“Customers are looking for mobile satellite connectivity with faster data speeds at more affordable rates. Whenever Communications can now fulfill this need with the Kymeta KyWay terminal and KĀLO™ connectivity services,” said Eric Talman, Vice President at Whenever Communications, “We are already moving ahead with several KyWay terminal installations and seeing the true power and capabilities of this technology. We are excited to support our customer applications with always-on, mobile connectivity.”
The Kymeta KyWay terminal features an innovative electronically-steered, flat-panel Ku-band antenna. The slim and lightweight profile makes it easy to install in a variety of mobility settings, such as the top of a vessel, RV, plane, or command vehicle. The KyWay terminal has no moving parts, which simplifies installation and maintenance while eliminating much of the cost and infrastructure required by traditional VSAT antennas.
“At Satellite Phone Store, we are excited to work with Kymeta and provide our new and existing customers with innovative Kymeta electronically-steered flat panel solutions to serve their mobile high-speed data internet needs,” said Talman.
“Kymeta has been focused on deploying our solutions and establishing valuable partnerships since the commercial launch of our first products in March of 2017. Kymeta products are now readily available for their global customer base,” said David Harrower, Senior Vice President, Global Sales, Kymeta, “We look forward to new opportunities with Satellite Phone Store, which makes renting and purchasing SATCOM solutions an easy and seamless experience.”
- Bivy Sticks and Satellite Communicators: A Comprehensive Guide
- Product Spotlight: Iridium Extreme Satellite Phone (Iridium 9575)
- EcoFlow Products: Powering the Future of Sustainable Energy
- Get Back to Nature with Bivy Stick: Your Ultimate Outdoor Companion
- Stay Connected Anywhere: Experience Iridium GO!
- Satellite Phones vs. Iridium GO! exec™: Which is the Better Choice for Travelers?
- Stay Connected Anywhere: The Ultimate Guide to Portable Satellite Devices for Outdoor Adventures!
- Satellite Communication Helps Responders to Turkey & Syria Earthquake
- The Most Affordable Satellite Communicators & Features
- Satellite Phones as an Essential Tool After a Disaster - Voice as the Most Basic Need